As the agency of record for Acuity Brands and its more than 20 product brands, Sweeney achieved unprecedented results for the industry’s leading provider of lighting, daylighting and controls solutions.
Through a year-long campaign that included print and digital advertising, publicity and media relations, social media, trade show marketing, speaking engagements and award submissions, we achieved more than 430 million earned media impressions and increased web traffic by more than 50%.
Our ultimate goals were to promote thought leadership, support new product launches, drive leads and help Acuity Brands make an impact across the space as the leader it was.
- The campaign goal was to secure 150 million earned media impressions. The results? 435 million impressions. Goal exceeded by 290%.
- Website traffic increased by 50% over the previous year: 3.75 pages per visit, 2.1 million pageviews, 3.5 minute average visit duration, 29% bounce rate.
- Publicity and media relations efforts totaled 431 media impressions: 25 feature articles, 75 news releases, 63 media interviews, 17 case studies, and more than 1,000 stories placed.
- Advertising led to 2.5 million impressions, 1,550 landing page views and the #1 Scoring Ad in LD+A’s lighting industry readership study.
- Social media organic efforts drove 1.1 million social media impressions, including 30% increase in Twitter followers, 27% increase in LinkedIn followers and 18% increase in Facebook followers.
- For the industry’s two key tradeshow, we drove 8,000 booth visitors to Greenbuild and Lightfair booths.
- Secured 35 industry awards and 26 speaking opportunities throughout the year.