Big Lots and Sweeney worked hand-in-hand to plan the first-ever National Decorate Your Home for the Holidays Week, a festive celebration that included inspirational decoration advice.
A multi-platform campaign employed publicity and media relations, social media and influencer marketing to achieve awareness, excitement, engagement and conversions leading up to and including the nation’s newest holiday week.
- 156% increase in engagement on social channels from November 2 – December 14 compared to the previous period.
- Significant increase in engagement on the following social media channels: Facebook – 141%, Twitter – 942% and Instagram – 286%.
- The blogger strategy generated 9,046,946 total impressions in just a one-month span.
- During the Twitter party, #BIGHoliday was trending in the US and Big Lots experienced an increase of 830 total followers for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram the day of the event.
- The Twitter party led to 6,124 tweets using the hashtag #BIGHoliday, 2,166 retweets with the hashtag #BIGHoliday, 1,567 retweets of Big Lots tweets and 1,166 favorited Big Lots tweets.
- The contest resulted in 1,764 unique entries and 3,294 total entries.
- Secured 39 local and national media placements and 72,171,189 media impressions. Bloggers who made appearances on local television news stations, such as Erika Ward on FOX Atlanta, helped Big Lots increase brand awareness and establish Big Lots as a holiday decorating resource.