In 2015, CarMax, the nation’s leading retailer of used cars, announced plans to open its first Cleveland store. CarMax expressed a priority goal for the grand opening to establish brand awareness throughout the greater-Cleveland area, drive traffic to the store and help generate sales.
CarMax appointed Sweeney to help plan and implement engaging publicity, media relations and social media strategies designed to secure print, TV and radio coverage as well as social engagement.
- Coordinated seven interviews between CarMax and the media.
- All four local Cleveland television stations – ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX – attended the grand opening for the “Road Rally” for charity.
- Secured 20 stories and social media posts.
- Achieved more than 11 million impressions.
- Coverage also resulted in additional placements on media social media accounts.