The Container Store, the nation’s leading retailer of storage and organization products, expanded into the Cleveland marketplace in summer 2017. The company sought to establish high-visibility, drive store traffic with events and generate sales throughout the grand opening weekend and beyond. The Container Store enlisted Sweeney to help plan and execute an engaging publicity, media relations and social media campaign designed to secure traditional and digital coverage as well as social engagement.
- 21 stories secured, including print, broadcast and digital placements
- 1,542 RSVPs were received for the preview party including multiple key media contacts, surpassing the 1,200 benchmark
- More than 26.6 million earned media impressions were achieved
- Coordinated proclamation and presentation from Beachwood mayor
- Secured more than 600 image assets of Preview Party event
- Coverage also appeared on media social accounts, resulting in additional placements
- Featured media and influencer coverage included:
- Crain’s Cleveland: The Container Store Will Open Its First NE Ohio Location On June 10
- Cleveland.com: The Container Store To Open In Beachwood This Weekend: First look
- WKYC: Are You The Biggest Container Store Fan In Cleveland?
- WKYC: The Container Store 6.5.17
- Why Cycle: Why? The Container Store!
- Glam, Karen: You, Organized.