Hometowns Episode: Cleveland, Raleigh and Wilmington!
Sweeney is lucky to call Cleveland, Raleigh and Wilmington home. When our employees aren’t hitting it out of the park with social media, graphic design and media relations, they’re exploring their favorite local hot spots or relaxing on the beach. If you’re in our neck of the woods, stop by and say hi and be sure to check out one of these 12 must-see sights!
- The West Side Market. Ask any Clevelander to name a spot that makes their city unique and the market is bound to be mentioned. Over one hundred years of culture, food and friendship have taken place inside the walls of this indoor/outdoor marketplace. With vendors selling everything from fresh fruit to loaves of bread to sweet treats, this place is sure to satisfy your taste buds! Digital specialist, Meg Kruger, has been shopping here with her family for years and can get you the best deal on bread and strawberries!
- Wrightsville Beach. Is there any better place, after a busy work week, to spend the weekend? Our Cleveland office is often envious during the snowy months of the NC employees who get see the sun more than three times a year! Wrightsville Beach is the perfect place to walk the coast, free from tourist crowds and sky-rising hotels. Our president, Jennifer Manocchio is a Cleveland native but is now lucky to call this beach townhome for her family!
- The Cleveland Art Museum. With free admission, the art museum welcomes thousands of visitors a year to walk the rooms, filled floor to ceiling with captivating art. Located in the University Circle district, this east side gem holds a special place in local’s hearts, while being nationally renowned. Oh, and did we mention that it’s free? Our creative team loves to spend a day at the museum whenever they’re looking for the latest inspiration or muse!
- The Warehouse District. Every city has one but Raleigh’s warehouse district is one of the top up-and-coming neighborhoods in the country! Over the past several years the neighborhood has become the place to be when getting drinks with friends, seeing a show or looking for the best treats in NC. You’ll know you found the place when you’re surrounded by old red brick warehouses, give our director of account services, Morgan Lang, a call and she will show you around town!
- The Riverwalk. Calling all One Tree Hill fans! The Riverwalk in Downtown Wilmington is one must stop spot for any Scott brother fans or visitors looking for the best eats, shopping and entertainment in Wilmington. And the views aren’t too bad either.
- Little Italy. Another favorite for east side dwellers, a stroll down or up Muarry Hill brings Italy to Cleveland. Known for its art galleries and authentic Italian eats, Little Italy is a Cleveland cornerstone for culture and cuisine.
- Airlie Gardens. Gardens by the sea, with 67 acres of walking paths this, free to the public, the sanctuary is the perfect place to explore all the wildlife and blooms unique to the intercostal waterway of Wilmington.
- North Carolina Art Museum. We didn’t think we were the artsy, fartsy type but when two art museums made our top 12 list, it was time to face the facts, we’re total art junkies. With everything from digital art to interactive exhibits, NCAM is the perfect place to spend the day when in Raleigh! When moving to NC, the art museum was one of account executive’s, Hollyn Page’s, first place to explore!
- Cleveland Metroparks. Cleveland isn’t snow boots and raincoats all year round, in fact, our hometown could pass as the emerald city in the Springtime when driving through the metro parks with all our GREEN. With 18 reservations, over 100 hiking trails and eight lakefront parks, the metro parks make exploring Cleveland special. And hey you may even see account executive, Theresa Wallenhorst, getting her daily run in on one of the trails!
- Umstead Park. Uh oh, maybe we’re nature junkies too. Umstead Park is a massive and beautiful state park that offers trails for walking, hiking and even horseback riding. Pitch a tent and spend the night under the stars or visit for the day for an escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Progressive Field, The Q and First Energy Stadium. Cleveland is also home to three major sports teams which explains our competitive spirit! Our employees are loyal to the home teams and can be found cheering them on all season long, sun or snow!
- The Brewery Scene. Do you think it’s a coincidence that all three of our hometowns have a thriving and tasty local brewery scene? Yeah, we didn’t think so either. Inhale the fresh hops and kick back for a local sip at any of the breweries when visiting Wilmington, Cleveland or Raleigh. There are just too many good ones to list them all!
Come and knock on our door. We’ve been waiting for you. If you’re in the area and are looking for the experts in digital, creative or PR, we are the full-service agency for you. Drop us a line, or come in and say hi! Maybe stop in before you tour the many breweries. 😉