Sweeney — a progressive, high-energy, high-intellect marketing agency — is seeking a talented junior graphic designer to join its strategic and dynamic team.
The junior graphic designer will provide traditional and digital design support for the agency’s B2B and B2C accounts. The ideal candidate is confident, self-motivated, and enthusiastic about visual communication. This individual will report to the senior art director and work closely with the account service and digital teams to execute creative strategies and ensure client needs are not only met, but go above and beyond expectations.
The junior graphic designer will report to the senior art director in our Cleveland, Ohio headquarters, and also work with our Wilmington, NC office, but the position can be remote during and post COVID. Candidate can live anywhere in the U.S.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to [email protected].
The Perfect Candidate
- 1–3 years of post-graduate experience preferred; agency experience ideal
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in graphic design, or equivalent education
- A killer portfolio and proven ability to create unique, effective designs for multiple brands
- Solid skill set in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Strong technical design skills (typography, layout, vector drawing, etc.) as well as conceptual skills (creative ideas and problem-solving). Animation skills in AfterEffects a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Clean design file craft
- Understanding of visual communication principles and rationale
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Understanding of marketing and public relations strategy (objectives, target audiences, etc.) and how strategic, creative design can help achieve set objectives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced agency environment, prioritizing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills and fearless approach to client work
- High standards and ability to articulate constructive design criticism; persevering and open-minded attitude throughout review process
- Determination for constant improvement; always striving for progress
- Execute and manage creative projects from concept to final product, including print production and routine design tasks
- Maintain brand integrity of clients for a number of traditional and digital applications, including websites, corporate identity, digital and traditional advertising, literature, newsletters and more
- Collaborate with creative, account, and digital teams and/or clients to develop briefs and provide recommendations pertaining to design and creative strategies
- Interpret and execute direction and feedback from various sources while continuing to apply a creative approach and remain engaged in the project
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending creative workshops, conferences, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional organizations
- Maintain open communication with agency staff
- Provide new business support as needed (planning and presentation)
- Some project management to support creative operations and coordinate creative projects
Following are expectations for all employees, including the senior director of client services, at Sweeney.
- Do the highest quality work every day for every campaign, project and for every client.
- Learn our clients’ businesses and industries and become expert in them.
- Be committed to the agency, our staff and our clients.
- Have a passion for learning and embrace the Sweeney way of how we approach marketing/PR.
- Be a team player.
- Share your design knowledge among all the Sweeney staff.
- Challenge the people around you to do more.
- Be flexible for occasional work outside of regular business hours when necessary
- Do work on time and on budget; have a constant sense of urgency.
- Leave your ego at the door; we all have room to improve.
Salary and Benefits
Sweeney offers a unique balance of salary, bonus, benefits and work flexibility to create a highly desirable and competitive financial package. In addition, the agency is dedicated to growing, grooming and promoting employees to positions of responsibility and opportunity, providing opportunities to attend and participate in industry conferences, seminars and related learning experiences.