Sweeney — a strategic-creative marketing agency that focuses on helping organizations build brand, engage customers and achieve growth — is seeking a talented integrated marketing specialist to join its dynamic team.
The integrated marketing specialist will work with the agency team to provide digital and traditional marketing and public relations support for the agency’s B2B and B2C accounts. The ideal candidate is confident, self-motivated, hard-working, highly curious and enthusiastic about both digital and traditional marketing. This individual will work closely with the account services, digital and creative teams to execute digital and traditional strategies (research, publicity, direct marketing, social media, advertising, events and more) and ensure client needs are not only met, but exceed expectations.
The integrated marketing specialist will report directly to the VP of Agency Services in our Cleveland, Ohio headquarters, and indirectly to the agency President in Wilmington, NC. The position can be remote during and post COVID. Candidate can live anywhere in the U.S.
Please submit your resume and writing samples to [email protected].
- 0-2 years of post-graduate experience preferred; agency experience ideal
- Bachelor’s degree in integrated communications, digital marketing, public relations or marketing; related degrees will be considered
- Strong writing/content development skillset with the ability to write for multiple communication channels, including social media content, news releases and media pitches, website copy, blogs, email copy, e-newsletter copy, case studies, awards and speaking opportunities, results reports and more
- Ability and knowledge of martech, including but not limited to HubSpot, Meltwater, ProfNet, Google Analytics, WordPress, various email marketing platforms, social channels, etc.
- Strong focus on securing results, including everything from increasing social media engagement to increasing website traffic and securing earned media coverage
- A keen understanding of traditional and digital marketing strategy (objectives, target audiences, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skillset and ability to work effectively in teams
- Self-starter who owns work from start to finish
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced agency environment, prioritizing multiple projects concurrently
- Fearless approach to work and securing results
- Determination for constant improvement/learning; always striving for progress
- Support digital marketing strategies with digital and creative team for clients and the agency, including social media, web management and analytics, specifically:
- Prepare social media content calendar and handle day-to-day social media strategies/updates for clients and analytics reporting
- Develop and update website content; provide recommendations for enhancing the user experience
- Monitor effectiveness of campaigns through creation of monthly and quarterly digital analytics reports for clients’ social media, website and email marketing
- Manage agency marketing: social media, weekly e-newsletter, blog and website updates
- Write blog content as needed for clients and the agency
- Support traditional marketing and public relations strategies with the account and creative teams, including publicity and media relations, speaking opportunities, awards and trade shows, specifically:
- Research, speaking and award opportunities
- Build media databases, review ProfNet and HARO for client and agency opportunities, develop and distribute press release/pitches, maintain relationships with media contacts, manage interviews for clients and track media coverage results
Following are expectations for all employees, including the integrated marketing specialist, at Sweeney.
- Do the highest quality work every day for every campaign, project and for every client
- Learn our clients’ businesses and industries and become expert in them
- Be committed to the agency, our staff and our clients
- Have a passion for learning and embrace the Sweeney way of how we approach marketing
- Be a team player
- Share your knowledge among all the Sweeney staff
- Challenge the people around you to do more
- Be flexible for occasional work outside of regular business hours when necessary
- Do work on time and on budget; have a constant sense of urgency
- Leave your ego at the door; we all have room to improve
Salary and Benefits
Sweeney offers a unique balance of salary, bonus, benefits and work flexibility to create a highly desirable and competitive financial package. In addition, the agency is dedicated to growing, grooming and promoting employees to positions of responsibility and opportunity, providing opportunities to attend and participate in industry conferences, seminars and related learning experiences.