Spending time strategizing provides a chance to document the situation, document your goals/expectations, document the target audiences and more. Plus, it will ensure you have the right strategies and tactics to achieve measurable results.
Here’s how to get started:
- Document the situation. Use a SWOT analysis to access the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Have solid and measurable goal(s) in mind. What are you trying to accomplish? Knowing your goal(s) will help you determine what strategies and tactics are the best options.
- Know your target. Target audiences will direct the type of marketing and messaging that you need to incorporate in your plan.
- Once you have a good idea of what you need to accomplish, consider a variety of ways that you could accomplish your goals. You may even want to ask an outside source for their perspective as well.
- Evaluate your options. Closely consider the pros and cons of each approach to determine the most optimal solution.
- Document the plan. This will enable you to use it as a resource and direct you through your marketing and public relations campaign. Ensure you have clearly identified how you will measure each strategy and tactic, as well as timelines and budgets.