Our company just received an annual award for meeting stringent safety standards; does something like this merit a news release?
By Jim Sweeney
For a change of pace, I would like to answer your question with more questions.
1. Is safety an issue in your industry? [YES or NO]
2. Does the government – local, state, federal – regulate safety standards in your industry? [YES or NO]
3. Do your customers and prospects and business partners and employees care about your safety record? [YES or NO]
4. What about the media who cover your industry, do they care about your safety practices? [YES or NO]
5. Is the award you are receiving a meaningful award? Does it set tough standards and require your company to excel in order to pass muster? [YES or NO]
6. Is the organization giving the award a legitimate business entity qualified to recognized your safety achievements? [YES or NO]
If you can answer YES to all or most of these questions, go ahead and write the release. If you can answer NO to one or more of these questions, you may not want to publicize it.
Want to get your company positive news coverage? Contact me at jim at sweeneypr.com or 440.333.0001 ext. 101.