Sometimes the marketplace can get so crowded that it becomes a marketing screaming match amongst competitors. You see your competitor has what appears to be the whole kit & caboodle, so you match their marketing strategies and raise them five more… but are all of those tactics delivering the results you want? What can you do to break free from the screaming match?
Instead of ramping up every marketing tactic you can think of and spending dollars on solutions that are getting you minimal to no results, let’s go back to the beginning.
- What is your position in the marketplace? How are you currently perceived? Is that in line with how you want to be perceived?
- What is your messaging? Let’s nail down what you want to communicate.
- What makes your product or service unique? Better? Best?
- What are you trying to achieve and who are you trying to reach?
- What has worked in the past? What hasn’t? If it’s not working… don’t do it just to do it.
You don’t have to have all the marketing “bling bling” that costs a gazillion dollars, but you must have a strategy that contains real, measurable goals along with cohesive messaging. Taking the time to step back, assess your messaging, positioning and strategy really makes all the difference in the screaming match. And, will ultimately produce impactful results. Tactics rooted in strategy is key.